Sunday, August 1, 2010

Play Date!

Yesterday night, Daddy and I were laying around the house. We weren't quite sure what to do with ourselves. It had been a slow Saturday, not much going on at all. We had watched TV, made love, baked and cooked. We didn't need to buy anything, nor did we want to spend money unnecessarily. We had just seen a movie in the theater the day before...what's a Daddy and daughter to do?

So I suggested that we take a drive, just the two of us. We left the apartment and went down to Lake Michigan where there is a very beautiful overlook, one of my most favorite places in the world. It was a gorgeous evening and despite the bugs, we enjoyed ourselves. We put our feet in the water (it was chilly!) and Daddy skipped a few rocks. He even found a lovely stone to make into a betrothal necklace for me :)

We climbed back up the hill from the water and crossed the street to go to the park. It is a park that I have visited since I was a child and it was an extraordinary experience to be there once more, especially with my Daddy. We went and swung on the swings (Daddy even did a very impressive backflip on the swing!) and he pushed me up and down...so soothing and relaxing. Then we walked around the playground and went down the slide and wandered a bit.

The whole evening was lovely, peaceful, and fun. I loved being able to play with Daddy at the park on such a beautiful night. I liked seeing him in a place where I played as a child. I liked thinking ahead to the time when we have children of our own and get to see their carefree playing at the park. I am so glad we got ourselves out of the house and into nature for a bit...and as a bonus, we saw 6 bunnies! Rabbits are my favorite animals and they were all over the place by the lake and across from the park! I made sure to tell my stuffed bunny, Flopsy, when we got home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment